Psychological Therapy Services
At PsyCam, we understand the need for a private, confidential service that can be accessed by people with high public profiles as well as ordinary members of the public. We are used to treating NHS/medical staff, including Consultants /Professors, University staff, members of government, media, church, police, army and schools.
Surbala Morgan offers psychological therapy (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) for a wide range of adult and teenage mental health problems including:
- Anxiety disorders/ panic attacks/ phobias/ social phobia
- Depression/ relapse prevention of depression
- Obsessional Compulsive Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Eating disorders - Anorexia Nervosa/ Bulimia Nervosa/
- Health Anxiety
- Psychological problems associated with physical illness
- Anger Management
- Adult survivors of abuse
- Stress management
- Chronic Pain
Specialist Service for Teenagers (age 13 up) and young people:
- Help and support at this critical stage of life can prevent problems becoming fixed and more intractable in adulthood. Young people facing the pressure of exams and beginning life at University can be particularly prone to developing psychological problems.
- Surbala has a special interest in working with young people who are gifted and talented. When intellectual ability outstrips social and emotional development, young people can struggle with anxiety, depression, low self-esteem and bullying. Perfectionistic traits can develop into Obsessional Compulsive Disorder and overt exam. anxiety, preventing people from realising their full potential.
- PsyCam has links with local schools and Cambridge University, supporting students at this time of development and transition.
- PsyCam offers a constructive approach to helping couples experiencing changes and challenges within their relationships.
- Surbala works with heterosexual and same sex couples, supporting people to gain better clarity and awareness of relationship dynamics.
- Couples can learn more effective ways of relating, to enhance the relationship.
- For couples in transition, Surbala offers support and advice as people separate from the relationship and create new independent lives.